Glitch/hacking on US #SANDBOX 3-1

• How can we get online and try and ban someone who was glitching yesterday? We do our jobs perfectly well, just look at the ban list.

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• How is it MY fault YOUR staff weren't online to deal with an obvious hacker as it was occuring? How is it ANYTHING but YOUR fault YOU didn't respond to a report in a timely enough manner to DO YOUR JOB? I wasn't expecting someone to ban someone glitching yesterday, I was expecting someone to respond to my post before they got offline!

• This was posted at 3am my time. You expect me to stay awake till then in case we receive a report? We only have 1 staff that would be available at that time of day, and he obviously was not available. This is entirely unfair.

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• If you weren't the one responsible for moderating at that time then I'm not blaming you. I'm blaming the guy who was supposed to be moderating at the time of the report. 9:30PM isn't particularly late and I would have assumed you had had a US-based moderator for a US server.

Regardless of what happened if you aren't able to find and ban the guy now then you might as well lock the thread, doesn't seem productive to keep arguing.

• We do have a US staff member, however you can't expect at least 1 member to be on call for reports 24/7, our team simply isn't large enough for that. We have lives away from our PCs.

v1.png

• You can not expect Staff or Admins to be ready to respond 24/7. We're humans, not robots. I know we are not perfect, but we try our best to help you guys out as much as we can, at our own expense. So cut us some slack.

The report itself makes no sense. Hacking and glitching are two different things, one gets you perm banned and the other gets you banned for 90 days. Flying APCs are a glitch not hack. And in Sandbox, sometimes when someone spawns in a vehicle, the vehicle gets stuck in mid air, similar to that unkillable player model getting stuck at spawn.

Some players who have a skybase sometimes troll others by dropping down in a vehicle, and make people think that they have a flying vehicle.

You could have recorded them doing this on a video, everyone on the forums would have seen it and understood this situation better, because obviously if we did not make it in time, then we will have to rely on the evidence, and if it is strong enough, then we do not need to log in and spy on him. But, in this case, it your evidence does not help us much. Apart from that, we are not God, nor do we have such a command that lets us revert time to see what went on. So, it will not be easy waiting for a guy named 'Salty Cat' to log back in and do it again, nor do we have that much time to stalk him.

Plus, you did not even link his Steam profile, there could be over a dozen players named 'Salty Cat' in the database, which makes our job much harder, having to search them all up.

As for everyone else apart from the players involved, and Staff members. Please refrain from commenting on Reports and Ban Appeals, If it does not involve you.

• Insufficient evidence - report rejected

Thread Closed

v1.png