Please unnerf fighter jets

• It was so much fun using them. Like I said in a different topic:

There is a difference between a scrub and a good player. The scrub complains about things being OP while the good player tries to find ways to overcome them.

Should we nerf grizzlies to make them as powerfull as sportshots so it can be a fair fight? NO! If fighter jets are OP then don't nerf them, use them. Plus they are easily countered by matamorez and other anti vehicle guns. Please unnerf them as it was not fair to all the people who loved being fighter pilots.

• I don't think you fully understand the concept of balancing in game things, if we didn't nerf jets at all there wouldn't be a point in using any other guns/vehicles since people could save tons of barricades on the jets to the point where others were not able to take down a jet without many many dmg in it, in fact it would take a lot of time and when destroyed they could just spawn another jet and keep doing this forever farming kills and ruining fun for everyone. Some times things needs to be balanced in order to open a wide variety of different choices regarding inventory loadouts, playstyle etc. We know that people really enjoy playing with maplestrike being the most popular gun without a doubt but there are still other viable options besides it. Our servers are sandbox based for a reason, we want people to have their own different playstyles and not just people farming kills all over the map with an indestructible, high speed and high explosive dmg vehicle that can be spawned every 7 seconds. Hope you understood my point.

• As i said before the problem is not the jet hp but the fact that people will load it with barricades (which got their hp buffed some patches ago by the game dev). If we buff the jet dmg the same problem we've got in the past will rise again with it being impossible to play against and killing the sandbox aspect of the servers.

• As i said before the problem is not the jet hp but the fact that people will load it with barricades (which got their hp buffed some patches ago by the game dev). If we buff the jet dmg the same problem we've got in the past will rise again with it being impossible to play against and killing the sandbox aspect of the servers.

Your argument is invalid seeing how anyone can place barricades on any vehicle including tanks, and helicopters with machine guns, yet those were not nerfed. (I still die in one hit from a tank shell).

you could also lower the max number of barricades players can place on vehicles as well as barricade health.

• Any other vehicle is slower than jet so even if there are people spamming barricades they will end up surrounded and eventually die, the same doesn't happen with jets.
    We already have a barricade limit and if we lower it we might end up ruining some people's custom cars (yes, not everyone barricades their vehicles to pvp, there are some people that like to rly be creative).
    And if we reduce the barricades health it would affect more than just the vehicles, in fact it would affect the whole gameplay (bases, pvp aspect, etc) so unless the majority of the community wants it to change it most likely wont change. Keep in mind that we nerfed jets because pretty much everyone wanted them to be nerfed.

• Nice debate up there :). I’d like to point out that some people are starting to put large amounts of land mines on jets. When they crash into a group of people all of them will die. If the weaponary of the jet is buffed a single costumed jet could easily take on a large amount of people(even though that’s the purpose irl but this is Unturned). If the HMG on the jet is buffed, it would be better to turn freezzer in to a jet fighting arena. Freezzer would not nerf the jet if the Athens arena HMG is still in Unturned(high rate of fire and insane accuracy). Nerfing the jet is encouraging players to use multiple different transports so the server could be more fun. Keep in mind that jets are still the fastest and the most flexible transportation on Freezzer.

• The thing is you not only nerfed fighter jets you reduced them to nothing more than a fast transport and they literally serve no other combat role seeing how any vehicle you shoot at the players can simply bail to avoid death. At least make it to where it does not take a full 50 rounds to kill someone.

All the arguments that I have seen and can counter:
    -"They can take out entire groups by splash damage", not really, once you start shooting the players react by getting out of the way or spreading out to avoid splash damage.

-"They are very annoying to take out", the metamorez is a good anti aircraft gun so you can keep one handy. I have shot down dozens of fighter jets with the meta

-"A jet armored with barricades is near impossible to take out", So is a tank with tons of barricades, and they are just as annoying. this would not be a problem if you did lower barricade health.The fact that "It would affect the entire gameplay" is also invalid as it is now nearly impossible to destroy bases with the raiding nerfs so you actually need to lower barricade health. When it comes to players wanting to express their "creativity" they can still do it with lower health barricades, and when they are destroyed they can simply spawn the vehicle in again good as new.

-"The explosives placed at the front of the jet can take out entire groups", again, not really. The problem is in order for this to work with the new raiding system, they would have to place 3 or more levels of explosives as one or two detonations is not guaranteed to kill someone with armor. My explosive car for example now requires 3 layers of explosives to take someone out and even that does not always work. In fact it only works about HALF the time and sometimes I have to spawn in the vehicle a second time to kill someone WITHOUT ARMOR.

• I don't think you fully understand the concept of balancing in game things, if we didn't nerf jets at all there wouldn't be a point in using any other guns/vehicles since people could save tons of barricades on the jets to the point where others were not able to take down a jet without many many dmg in it, in fact it would take a lot of time and when destroyed they could just spawn another jet and keep doing this forever farming kills and ruining fun for everyone. Some times things needs to be balanced in order to open a wide variety of different choices regarding inventory loadouts, playstyle etc. We know that people really enjoy playing with maplestrike being the most popular gun without a doubt but there are still other viable options besides it. Our servers are sandbox based for a reason, we want people to have their own different playstyles and not just people farming kills all over the map with an indestructible, high speed and high explosive dmg vehicle that can be spawned every 7 seconds. Hope you understood my point.

Even before fighter jets were nerfed hardly anyone was placing "tons of barricades on the jets to the point where others were not able to take down a jet" . Most of the jets I saw back then were unarmored. There were only a few people who armored their jets. Even the ones that were armored were only lightly armored and still had large weakpoints.

• Even before fighter jets were nerfed hardly anyone was placing "tons of barricades on the jets to the point where others were not able to take down a jet" . Most of the jets I saw back then were unarmored. There were only a few people who armored their jets. Even the ones that were armored were only lightly armored and still had large weakpoints.

there's no point of saying that as nobody puts barricades on their jets because they serve a single purpose, transport .If they were like the old days people would easily take you down with a high damage dealing mag that casually makes things unfair, as the jet flies and can easily either flee or dodge .

The matamorez is also nerfed so you couldnt have taken down so many planes . Also, if you want combat fight with real weapons not unfair killing machines

Your counter argument would be that the other player should also take a jet but that will force him to change his gameplay (as he might be doing anything else) and as soon as he takes your jet down you would leave it and spawn another one .

• there's no point of saying that as nobody puts barricades on their jets because they serve a single purpose, transport .If they were like the old days people would easily take you down with a high damage dealing mag that casually makes things unfair, as the jet flies and can easily either flee or dodge .

The matamorez is also nerfed so you couldnt have taken down so many planes . Also, if you want combat fight with real weapons not unfair killing machines

Your counter argument would be that the other player should also take a jet but that will force him to change his gameplay (as he might be doing anything else) and as soon as he takes your jet down you would leave it and spawn another one .

Not exactly, the metamorez has been somewhat un-nerfed by being given extra range. Not so easy for jets to evade them now provided you have good aim, and if they lower barricade health like I suggested.

• A smart person would know that shooting someone wont be very efficent if they are gonna suicide bomb them and you can take out the jets battery to prevent the victim to hear the jets noise. Plus you can add barriers so when you get close enough you wont be able to get shot by the victim. and the splash damage is not very avoidable if you place down a ton of landmines or claymores or something like that.

Yeah but if a jet goes down you can just easily spawn another jet.
    Tanks are slow and are pretty easy to take out with a few RPG's where as jets are fast and to top it off they are FLYING which is impossible to hit with an rpg. And if you take a tank down the player would probably be shot to death before he can spawn another tank.

This is not just a PvP server. Other players can build stuff and freezzer is the most popular server to build with your friends as not everyone is capable to make their own server and lowering the barricade health would just ruin those builders fun and not everyone builds they creations to vehicles and most commonly they will build it on the ground which you cant just respawn.

Though i agree that the jets damage should be increased to 5 damage instead so its not completely useless when it comes to PvP and it would open a new style of GamePlay for those who like to fly planes. There are attack helis for that but you need a friend for that which is not as efficient as you have to coordinate your movements with your friend and there is also lag on the server that makes the camera too unstable to shoot.

• The thing with tanks is that once the see where you are shooting from they can one shot you with a missile. Jet's can't one shot anything. When it comes to placing landmines on a fighter jet do you actually know how hard it is to aim that? Most players just get out of the way.

its not that hard to land on a player also it can be a little tricky to aim with a tank time to time and if you dont have a friend you wont be able to move around very much making the tank an easy target and on top of that you can just avoid a tank missile by just hiding behind a hill.

• its not that hard to land on a player also it can be a little tricky to aim with a tank time to time and if you dont have a friend you wont be able to move around very much making the tank an easy target and on top of that you can just avoid a tank missile by just hiding behind a hill.

its not easy to "hide" from a tank missile. They have splash damage. Even if you are behind a hill if the missile hits something like a tree behind you, you will still die. I have had many instances trying to evade tank missiles on hills only to have them somehow land behind me and kill me anyway. Refer to my little diagram:

xcac9nu.jpg

Tank missiles have high bullet drop allowing them to ark around a hill and land somewhere behind the player.

If there is some land for the missile to land on you will still die even if behind a hill... I have had this happen to me countless times.

• Did you not read my post? Planting a bunch of bombs at the front of the plane does not always work. I have tested you "Explosive jet" theory and found that it rarely ever kills anyone. I used 3 layers of explosives and tried 5 times to kill someone with it. It only worked once. It does not always work. Explosive damage was lowered. I also made an exploding car. It took 4 charges of explosives to kill someone without armor in my youtube video using my exploding car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1LrFBnM-U

Go to time 0:33 to see it.

• its not easy to "hide" from a tank missile. They have splash damage. Even if you are behind a hill if the missile hits something like a tree behind you, you will still die. I have had many instances trying to evade tank missiles on hills only to have them somehow land behind me and kill me anyway. Refer to my little diagram:

xcac9nu.jpg

Tank missiles have high bullet drop allowing them to ark around a hill and land somewhere behind the player.

If there is some land for the missile to land on you will still die even if behind a hill... I have had this happen to me countless times.

thats not how tank missiles work in unturned. Also in that video it wont kill that guy because the car didnt blow up. The fatal thing is the Vehicle explosion not the landmines.

• thats not how tank missiles work in unturned. Also in that video it wont kill that guy because the car didnt blow up. The fatal thing is the Vehicle explosion not the landmines.

Yes that is how tank missiles work. They CAN ark over kills and land behind the player. Also, the explosives were what killed the guy, not the car exploding. They nerfed jet suicide bombers so that a blast from an exploding jet only kills the pilot. Also the vehicle itself did not explode as you claimed that it did.