just a thread about workshop ideas

• so i was daydreaming in class when i thought about this cool maybe useful workshop idea that would add tear gas and mustard gas

the basic idea is taking the smoke grenades and using some less used materials (prob chemicals and berries) and crafting the tear/mustard gas

the effects of the gasses vary on what type you are using mustard gas makes a small a.o.e (area of effect) that when in would be like a dead-zone but the effects are 5x fold the original damage of dead-zone

so filters and your infection would take drastic damage the tear gas on the other hand has the affect of berries when in the tear gas a.o.e your vision blurs and controls are inverted you still take infection damage but not at the rate of mustard gas maybe 1/4 the normal amount the dead-zone gives.

crafting will be fairly simple mustard gas will need one any color smoke grenade,10 chemicals, and 4 raw indigo-berries, (color of smoke does not matter all mustard gas will automatically be yellow with a hit of green) teargas will need 4 chemicals and 10 of any one type of raw berries. (color will be red with a little yellow)

the simple crafting of the gas grenades is cause the gas mask easily counters the gas but is destroyed by mustard gas

the gas grenades have a small a.o,e to balance the effects of the gas the a.o.e will be the same diameter of a tree stump (not a small palm tree) so a decent size in my opinion

the tear gas grenade's effect will have it linger after you left the a.o.e maybe around 5 seconds but the mustard gas has no lingering effect unless your infection drained you will rapidly lose health

both the grenades have a time of thirty seconds after thrown.

you may think this will not be useful in pvp because the distinct colors and small a.o.e people wont go running through it but think of it as a area denial like throw it in a doorway and any one with out a mask will probably be smart enough not to run through it and any one in a gasmask will have there filter destroyed almost instantly

i probably left a lot off useful information out but if you have any ideas for a workshop idea or opinion about this one

• little feature i thought of was mustard gas realistically does not need to be inhaled to damage you, so i thought that any part of your body not currently equip with clothing will be given a acid like affect dealing low amount of damage until treated with a suturkit or medkit

• This sounds like a nice idea, would have been great to add to my own Unturned map had I not halted production ages ago... For the idea, I think it would be best that both the mustard and tear gas grenades cover a large area, like slightly larger than smoke grenades. That's my input, would be cool if something like it gets made. If I ever resume production, I'll adopt it...

• This sounds like a nice idea, would have been great to add to my own Unturned map had I not halted production ages ago... For the idea, I think it would be best that both the mustard and tear gas grenades cover a large area, like slightly larger than smoke grenades. That's my input, would be cool if something like it gets made. If I ever resume production, I'll adopt it...

the gasses will have the same size smoke affect as normal smoke but the aoe of the effects will be a small radius cause if the radius was to large some one in ther center might not be able to run out of the aoe before dying to infection

• the gasses will have the same size smoke affect as normal smoke but the aoe of the effects will be a small radius cause if the radius was to large some one in ther center might not be able to run out of the aoe before dying to infection

Maybe the damage should be slower because it would not make sense to still stand in the gas yet not take damage.