Matamorez Nerf

• Nerf the Matamorez? (If you were going to vote "no," please read the post below. Thank you) 47

1. Yes (24) 51%
    2. No (23) 49%

Hello everyone,

Although someone else has requested this nerf in the past, I would like to open a new thread to discuss this issue once again. The Matamorez is quite powerful, especially in a sandbox server with the capability of a person to carry nearly infinite ammo. I'm sure there are players who find it fun to use, but I am also sure that many of us do not care to be killed by someone using this gun. Freezzer--PEI 1-1 specifically--has evolved into a stomping ground for players simply looking for an authentic PvP experience to with no mods, where players use a Maplestrike (or Zubeknakov, Fusilaut, etc.), rush prison, and so on; in other words, PEI Creative allows for experienced players (or beginners looking for a challenge, which is not a rare sight) to verse other experienced players and practice their aim or skills, simply have fun, etc. in a relatively fair environment. Jets and the Shadowstalker MK II were likely nerfed for this reason. Most impressive, in my opinion, is that someone can call a "Hecate battle" at the prison, and all of a sudden 10 or more people can stop using the Maplestrike and start dueling with the Hecate (now that's a tryhard family right there), and will even team up against Maplestrike users for the time being. This phrase, "tryhard family," is something I feel many people who frequent PEI 1-1 enjoy being a part of, and what many people look forward to finding every time they join the server. Users of the Matamorez quite often camp around the prison island and tend to instigate much toxicity (which is not the fault of the Matamorez user, but is nevertheless a side effect of using this overpowered and sometimes irritating gun). This often upsets the ability to have fun of anyone traveling to the prison, and the Matamorez user will often get targetted and killed repeatedly or be called names, etc. I would not like this to sound like a complaint, as I would like for everyone to enjoy Freezzer as much as I have, but the Matamorez really does interrupt the flow of the PvP at the prison for countless users, including myself. For this reason and the others stated above, I would like to request that the range of the Matamorez be reduced to 150M; if someone has a different idea for nerfed damage or range please leave a comment. Thank you for reading, and thank you for your time.

• If the metamorez is such an annoying gun then why did they un-nerf it to give it back its long range capabilities? Apparently the people wanted it that way...

I vote no because I am seeing a very unhealthy trend where people keep complaining about things they want nerfed. Once they nerf metas, they will want the grizly nerfed, then the Hecate, then the maple-strike, and so on and so forth until we can only use sportshots and aces because "They want to make sure its a fair fight and not about gear". Don't encourage people to take this route of continually nerfing things.

Also reducing the damage to 1hp (body shot) and 2hp (head shot) is just plain insane. I don't believe in nerfing because it renders many player's favorite weapons useless. I believe in balancing. Instead reduce its damage level to be the same as a maple-strike instead of just down to 1 and 2. That seems fair doesn't it?

With 1 and 2 hp damage per hit, the meta users now have no chance and they might as well trash the gun, as it would literally become the weakest gun in the game.

TO STAFF AND OWNERS OF THESE SERVERS:

I believe you lost more players than you gained out of nerfing jets and other weapons. For many player's using jets was the best thing for them because they don't like having to spend several hours trying to get one in a survival server. By nerfing the jet you angered them, and THEY LEFT. Sometimes its these supposedly "OP" weapons and vehicles that draw players to this server. I know, I am one of them. I loved fighter jets. And you pretty much ruined a lot of the fun for me by nerfing jets. Please stop nerfing things.

• Kenneth, you made some really good points in your post. I do have two things that I would like to add: the nerfed amount of damage was left open-ended in my post because I do not know what would be best, and secondly, I did not write the post as a complaint, but rather a heartfelt suggestion. Desmond had a very good suggestion to nerf just the range; would this be a good compromise for Kisses and Kenneth? Thanks.

• Kenneth, you made some really good points in your post. I do have two things that I would like to add: the nerfed amount of damage was left open-ended in my post because I do not know what would be best, and secondly, I did not write the post as a complaint, but rather a heartfelt suggestion. Desmond had a very good suggestion to nerf just the range; would this be a good compromise for Kisses and Kenneth? Thanks.

I started using the matamorez again because of its range, it makes a great anti-vehicle weapon that I can use without getting to close to the vehicle I am targeting. I would like the range to stay at 300 meters, but if you lower the damage level to the same as the maplestrike then that would be okay. Remember the mata has low fire rate and less ammo so in a 1v1 fight with mata vs maplestrike if both are in range then the mata is actually at a great disadvantage with the new damage lvl. Keep the range, just lower the damage to about 40 per hit.

• hello. I think we all can agree this gun is gay.

anyone who uses it needs life support systems and a wheelchair to live. Use a DRAGON FANG. EASY. You want to raid quickly? DRAGON. FANG.

Tbh i think the clear answer is yes, because who in the blue heck has the amount of brain cells needed to use this. IT IS THE DEFINITION OF A CRUTCH.

thank you all, love you <3

• hello. I think we all can agree this gun is gay.

anyone who uses it needs life support systems and a wheelchair to live. Use a DRAGON FANG. EASY. You want to raid quickly? DRAGON. FANG.

Tbh i think the clear answer is yes, because who in the blue heck has the amount of brain cells needed to use this. IT IS THE DEFINITION OF A CRUTCH.

thank you all, love you <3

Dragon fang lacks range... Thats where the mata comes it. It is usefull for long range raids / base attacks where dragon fangs are lacking.

• That would take a nerf, and people voted that they do not want that

Not really a nerf, just lower its damage level a bit. For some reason nelson gave it its long range capabilities back, which I'm sure he has a good reason for doing (Most game developers do have reasons to nerf / unerf an item), but yes I believe that due to it being a fully auto sniper rifle that its damage level can be lowered to the same as a maplestrike. The item needs to be balanced, not nerfed.