Possibility of adding a Yukon Server?

• I've looked at Yukon servers most don't have a lot of players. They are usually empty and when they do have people playing' they complain because thetc can't get to a town in time before freezing decreases health and get hit by a zombie and die (never my problem)

That's just the thing, the way I see it, PEI and Washington (and to somewhat of an extent the current version of Hawaii) are the easy mode maps for the noobs, no loot progression, no environmental conditions, and easy to get/find/grow food. Then we have Russia which is medium with loot progression. Finally, Yukon is hard mode, due to the environmental conditions and difficulty of getting water and food. Yukon I feel is really the only map that actually makes unturned feel like it's a survival game since on yukon instead of guns and stuff being the most valuable, crops food and water are the most valuable items. I can understand why you say that there typically ins't a lot of people on them, cause it's really only a map that gets played by veterans who like a challenge, but I guaruntee if you ask the community, there would be at least a few of us who would like to play on yukon.

• I think Yukon won't really be played on so isn't really worth it - especially with the new community map which will be voted in soon

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• I do not doubt that people will play on a Yukon server, but as with ANY unturned map there comes a point, not very long after you start, that nothing is really a challenge... regardless of the map. The only difference is that to start the "survival experience" on Yukon is harder than others, which just seems to discourage players rather than interest them.

Because of the lack of interesting loot spots on Yukon, people will get bored relatively quickly. I have played on some Yukon PvP and PvE servers, neither is it that enjoyable to drive and loot on, nor fun to pvp on.

As far as map mechanics goes, Yukon was a stepping stone for Nelson. It was the first map to introduce climate and body conditions, he quickly moved past that since it did not have too much effect as soon as you have some basic clothes. Some of the community maps being voted on have interesting climate conditions, so if that is what you are interested in: vote for those maps.

Obviously this is my opinion and not a definite answer - but I hope this explains some of the reasoning of not having added Yukon until now. If you wish to make a poll on the forum, asking people if they would enjoy playing on a Yukon server, please do.

Thanks

Dan

• I understand, well then I hope it's a possibility at the very least to add a community map that posses a bit more of a challenge.