Beds and /home on survival.

• Although i enjoy a certain wild west feel to a server without a /home command, it does take a bit from the point of building a base. I agree that the most annoying thing during a pvp battle is to have your enemy type /home and disappear, however i don't think this should overshadow the command completely. May i suggest implementing a /home command with a 10s "standing still" delay. This way it is as effective for escaping combat as quitting the server.

Just an idea,

Thanks,

Dan

• I'm on the fence about this suggestion myself: on one hand it would be nice to have home command and it is true that it wouldn't be any more effective than simply leaving the server during a pvp battle but on the other hand it could be used to return home quicker during a base raid. For example, if one were to die while someone started to attack their base they could quickly re-spawn, type /home and while they wait they could get a kit ready (versus waiting the full 30 seconds to re-spawn at home and with no kit). With the soldier kit being a little on the op side in comparison to the other two freely available kits, this can be an annoyance. Honestly, if I were to back a /home command on the server I think I would prefer the command requiring the player to stand still for the full 30 seconds; it would still be convenient if one were to travel far from their home and there would be practically no benefit pvp wise. I don't think there is a big issue with players logging out of the server during pvp and there is a difference between logging out and traveling across the map to generally an unknown location. That's my take.

• There definitely are advantages and disadvantages of the /home command. I only play on the sandbox servers and /home is only available to donors. That makes sense as the /home command is indeed a huge convenience to players as they can just teleport back to their bed instantly. However there is still a cooldown for a few minutes before being able to use it again so players can't spam and abuse it.

For survival servers I think the /home command should be available to all. Especially in maps like Russia where it is particularly big, it is of huge trouble for people to travel around without a vehicle. The /home command would come in very handy. The only "bad side" of this is that people can just use it to escape from a PvP situation. However I think that is completely fine as everyone will have excess to that command and it would not be unfair. Like phoenix said, a waiting period of 10 seconds while the player is still can be added and that is what most survival servers have. It is not too overpowered as standing still for 10 seconds is not easy, especially in a PvP situation, unless the players goes and hide. But then again there's nothing to lose with this if you think about it; the player who you're hunting down escapes and you don't get his loot, that's about it. It can be frustrating at times but think about it as part of the fun!

Like Osephyr said, it is also very helpful when during base raids. If the base you're raiding is far away from your base, in a map like Russia, it's definitely very troublesome to travel around. To conclude, I think that the /home command can be added to the survival servers for all players to use with a cooldown period and the rule where you have to stand still for 10 seconds.

Cheers!

• A followup to the /home command , i think the standstill should be changed from 10 seconds to 15 seconds to make it more challenging , to hide alot farther from ur opponents for a given time that ur opponents can reach to you , if you think about it , going to a pvp situation 10 seconds is really fast . One more thing , to make the /home command a less OP'er it should have a 20 Minute cooldown and costs 200$ per use.

• Bit of a read but i got there, i agree with most of what you guys are saying, and a decent solution that i can find is as follows (and ill explain why):

/home - 15 seconds of standing still

- 7.5 minute cool-down

Reasoning:

/home if given any standing still time at all is hardly ever used to escape combat. I have spent time on many servers before i found out about freezzer (most of which had this as part of their /home command).

/home is used more as a loot storage facilitator; raid some towns and loot spots then go home, drop it off and /tpa back to your team. This does become op however when /home has a very low cool-down because you will effectively never carry much good gear with you because you know you can grab it fast - making pvp less rewarding.

Therefore by implementing both the standstill time and the cool-down you will make it completely useless as an escape tool (quit is faster) and massively reduce its usefulness in rapidly safeguarding loot. The POSITIVES however are as follows: If your base is getting raided and you are still alive but far away... for example: some of your team are next to base and die - but you were looting somewhere else - you don't have to wait for them to spawn back at home to /tpa to them. It also means that if by force of habit you accidentally respawn instead of waiting for [HOME] then you don't lose an extra minute killing yourself and spawning.

And of course lastly - everyone knows the usefulness of having /home regardless of the restrictions. So as long as the restrictions keep its access in check, its a great command to bring back.

Thanks,

Dan

p.s did not proofread this essay so sorry if i start sounding retarded halfway through :S