3rd Person

• 3rd person vs 1st person 18

1. 3rd person (8) 44%
    2. 1st person (7) 39%
    3. doesn't matter (3) 17%

Hey, I just wanna know what most of u guys think about 3rd person. I've heard it will be implemented soon and I'm worried about it.

In my opinion it's too op and gamebreaking cause u can spot ppl in a way it's not supposed to be.

I also saw some videos with 3rd person glitches. For example look through walls and stuff like that.

But it's not only the glitches. You can also look arround corners or over hills, spot ppl without getting spotted.

• Nesatorix As far as i know, looking through walls is not possible anymore, it has been but Nelson removed it from the game. I preffer 3rd person because of all the things you listed there: You can spot someone easily, stalk them and then kill them. I do not think that this setting is gamebreaking at all because most survival games have implemented the option to toggle between 1st and 3rd person. I kind of miss the 3rd person option on Freezzer but it got only removed because Nelson Sexton put the "3rd person in vehicle" to default, other players won't find the server when Freenex or Ace would set the normal 3rd person to default.

• For me it is gamebreaking cause ppl with less experience can spot very easy with a (in my opinion) lame mechanic.

It's less strategie and more pew pew and because of this the advantage of people with much strategie knowledge is gone because most strategies will become useless. The whole gameplay is more skill dependet without 3rd person and i rly enjoy it like that. Spotting is everything in this game.

It is just stupid if u see ppl but they can't see you even if they are checking the area for enemys nonstop. Kind of unfair if u ask me.

• Everyone needs to learn. In the first few months of playing Unturned, I never used third person to shoot, but I was always in it when travelling around and it's give you the advantage. I then started to use third person for aiming and shooting as well as it is much better than first person. A player using third person will always win against a player using first person, that's how the game works so get used to it! I personally use both first and third person. If you do not like third person, you can always play in first person only servers.

Cheers!

• "too op and gamebreaking" - I don't think "op" and "gamebreaking" are the right words to use. It's more of an advantage. That's why I mentioned that the player who uses third person will most likely win against a guy in first person.

"cause u can spot ppl in a way it's not supposed to be" - "not supposed to be"? Third person is part of Unturned and once again it's more of an advantage and most good PvPers will use it rather than first person as it is overall just better.

"I also saw some videos with 3rd person glitches." - You used to be able to glitch and see behind walls but not anymore.

"look arround corners or over hills, spot ppl without getting spotted." - Once again, it's what third person is, it gives you a better view and enables you to anticipate people.

MTN made a video describing first person vs third person, stating its advantages. I get your point, third person is too op and newbies will get rekt by it. Third person is part of the game and most experienced players will use it. People will then need to learn and realise its advantages and start using it. It's just part of skill really. An experienced player will always use third person to check corners.

You are right that the game will take a lot more skill to play if there is no third person though. But third person is in the game and you can't change it! Since you know third person is better, then you should use it too so it won't be "unfair".

Cheers!

• Personally , i think 3rd Person would be a real help during PVP situations , but once again - not all people know how to use 3rd Person and would prefer 1st Person , while others prefer 3rd Person and not use 1st Person . New people come and go all around the servers and most of these people are just new to the game so they probably wont even use 3rd Person at all ; which may get them killed during PVP , but for players who knows how to play the game - it would be too easy to verse with people who doesn't know how to play it and it gets boring every so often that you just kill every one without them having any resistance to you . That said - i would prefer to have 1st person than 3rd person so that everyone benefits from it , its not that i dont know how to use 3rd person , its just that i want equality to all people , noobs or not.

• Nesatorix Then you're kinda contradicting yourself because you stated that 3rd person is advantageous unfair.

DanielPx Yea I definitely agree with you. Some players who use third person can't even play using first person. If it's 1st person only in the server, it definitely brings equality because the "noobs" and "pros" are on equal level without any advantages.

• Everyone has their own opinion, whether first person is the best or third person. And no, Nesatorix , third person is not too OP, although it lets you see other people more easily, it's hard to tell well when you're high enough or enough to the side so that your bullets don't hit the ground or wall while aiming at the target, plus third person is bad in small, cramped up areas, as it's hard to see and aim if someone jumps right next to you as the walls or trees will cover everything you see. First person limits your field of view and you won't Be able to peak around corners. So, both are fine in my opinion. Just depends on the player.

• 1st person is much more battle realistic and makes for a more even fight. I personally think its unfair to have a hidden advantage where you can see someone else but they cant see you. Also as many of you guys have said in here, 3rd person is only really used well when you get good at pvp in unturned... Thus giving an advantage to experienced players. You can still stalk people and go sneaky but you have to be more careful in 1st person.

If you want a fun PURELY pvp shooting experience for fun with nothing at stake: Sandbox gives you that and lets you use 3rd person.

I dont think survival should need it in its combat.

Thanks,

Dan

• 3rd person is pretty bad.

You can stand behind a wall and place the muzzle of your rifle outisde of the wall, making you able to kill while remaining in cover and invisible.

It's unfair, it promotes hardcore camping.

Not entirely accurate, if you can shoot past a wall someone can shoot you. same in 1st person as 3rd person. However i do agree, it promotes camping.

Thanks,

Dan

• It's just easier to play and the gap between low skill and high skill will become smaller.

I know some ppl will disagree if I say it is a shooter but for me it is.

Think about Counter-Strike or Battlefield in 3rd person.

They don't have it because there is a reason.

Good ppl stand out so much more with 1st person and I think that is the reason some ppl want 3rd person back. They can't handle a lose against a real good player.

I'm talking about the medium skilled ppl which tell you storys about how good they are.

It feels like 80% of the players I've talked with on freezzer are 100% sure they are the best player in the world and if they lose, the enemy was a hacker, it's cause of 1st person, you get flamed because, for example, the weapons you use or any other excuse. Most ppl are so cocky and mad. If you kill them they are going to hate you forever.

I'm so out of topic. I'm sorry :D

• Its quite the opposite, good players are sooooo much better with 3rd person. Take it from myself, and most of the players out there... you only learn to use 3rd person effectively after your already experienced. 1st person gives an even playing field. Good players mostly shoot in 1st person anyway so giving them 3rd person back only gives them more options.

but at the end of the day opinions are opinions, the poll is what counts,

Thanks,

Dan

• You are wrong. Yes, you become better with 3rd person. But the skill gap between good and bad players will become smaller.

So good players have more profit from 1st person. 3rd person is more casual player friendly. U don't need to be good in spotting. Just look arround every corner and over every little hill. In 1st person u can't just run without brain. You have to know the map, plan a route which is working with your strategie. For example you try to float the enemy only with the information u get from the gun shots because u don't want to get spotted by facechecking. In 3rd person u can fucking facecheck without showing your face. Maybe now u understand what I'm talking about. And i dont want to talk about the glitches. Some are still working and they ARE gamebreaking no matter what u say :D

Forgot that: I don't think the poll is for implement 3rd person or don't. The admins have to do what they think is best. They should know about most of the glitches players will abuse. There are some players using every advantage they can get even if it's kind of a exploit/glitch. I've seen some ppl camping at the spawns and just spawnkill other ppl just to tell everybody about theire 53424 KDR. I've just made this thread to see what other players think about that. I will be ok with 1st and 3rd person. I just prefer 1st person cause of my reasons I already wrote.