Fair judgement for case: "K/D STATISTICS - wrestling95"

• First of all, to the people this has concerned: wrestling95   Acid   Keaune   10k   Alex   Karma   RenegadeNine   Osephyr - thank you for your interest and attention to this matter.

To those wondering the reasoning behind this matter, and to those who have not been properly informed:

It came to the staff team's attention that a certain player ( wrestling95 - !NO! ) had achieved quite a substantial K/D and thus a 3rd place position on the leader boards; through spawn camping - more specifically: sneaking around at spawns, killing those who spawned in and killing those who tried to hunt him. Although this was not against the rules it meant that his position on the leader boards did not at all reflect his PVP abilities, nor did it seem fair on those who worked honourably for their K/Ds with the skill level required to achieve them.

This left the staff team with a difficult situation - and when I say the staff team, I mean; all of us were involved in a discussion - this was no "admin abuse" as some were quick to call it. We applied the "greater good" mindset and hindered his progress by adding 100 deaths to his stats, in the hope that he would be discouraged from farming his score in this way - and to address the fairness of our leader boards. HOWEVER, after various people pointed out that; for a "fair" gaming community rules need to be unbiased and applied evenly across the board, we have taken a step back and re-evaluated our decision.

Although the player in question's ( wrestling95 ) methods were neither honourable nor (as some like to put it) fair - they were by the book and did not break any rules. Therefore we have decided to remove the 100 deaths originally added on to this player's stats - they will be removed tomorrow (Wednesday 5th April).

We have since (effective immediately) implemented a "no spawn-camping" rule for sandbox. See here for the full details how of this will affect game-play.

We hope that this has clarified the decisions and actions taken.

Thanks,

Dan and the Freezzer Gaming Team

• Thank mans, i said this all the time.

I will change my game style, but i will stay at sniping because i like it a lot. I will also try to not kill any fresh spawn man.

But camping on the hills and sniping still not illegal, am i right?

I am happy to see the justice came true.

And thanks for the staff to delete my +100deaths.

One last thing i wanna thanks @Alex to stood by me. It s good to see kind players like Alex who dosent care about just himself.

Thanks, Bence

• This new rule means that no player is allowed to camp specific spawning locations anywhere on the map. I wouldn't recommend that you stay on one specific hill (I.e Tacoma hill, since there are three spawn locations visible from here) rather you roam from one location and back. A good rule of thumb would be, if you really want to use a campy play style, camp on hills away from a spawn location. If you are unfamiliar with spawn locations on your map of choice I would suggest that you familiarize yourself.

Chances are that if you only stay on one particular hill the only people you will be encountering are new spawns anyway. I'm making the assumption that by camping you mean that you stay in one spot without moving for an extended period of time; if that is correct then places like heritage, golf course, and Scorpion-7 all don't have a spawn location (although there is one that is visible from scorpion-7 depending on where you are located).