Remove 3rd person from freezzer 2 EU

• Could we please remove the newly implemented 3rd person on some of the EU servers. Its still buggy as hell ( looking through walls & etc) + it gives crazy unfair advantages such as peekers advantage, you can also use it to see people before they can see you(also crazy op) especially in a game like unturned with such a low tickrate (+the natural latency there will be on servers) makes it so you can see someone coming around the corner, prepare and prefire before they even have a second to react. 1st person only was working and balanced. (+ it allows for more different playstyles, crosshair, sights, etc)

• Hey Coopah,

I believe it was the point to have half of the servers both perspectives and the other half vehicle third but it sucks that you had your main freezzer server switched to both perspectives; I know how you feel because the same thing happened to me and now I have to switch over to a different server because I would much prefer vehicle third. I do want to mention though that the servers aren't split evenly between the two perspective types for the [ENG/US] servers. Both of the Washington maps are the same type (both perspectives) and both PEI maps are the same type (vehicle third). I hope I'm not wrong about that because I only checked this morning and that problem may have already been found and fixed by now, just thought that it was relevant to the topic. The change is good but for me and you both we'll have to move ourselves/team to another freezzer server. Keep in mind that items in your vault and all the money you have will be accessible from all freezzer servers of the same group (i.e EU, US, GER).

Godspeed,
    Osephyr

• ...Its still buggy as hell ( looking through walls & etc) + it gives crazy unfair advantages such as peekers advantage, you can also use it to see people before they can see you(also crazy op)...

You can't look through walls with third person. It gives advantages but YOU also have that advantage so it's fair. Play smart. Third person is a feature in Unturned.

• Peakers advantage as in the issue in Rainbow Six Siege where you can peak super-fast and you won't appear there for the enemy you are peaking?

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• Peakers advantage as in the issue in Rainbow Six Siege where you can peak super-fast and you won't appear there for the enemy you are peaking?

Yeah also known from counter strike, its basically that they peaker can see you and aim at you way before you have a chance of aiming at them, its even worse in a game like unturned with such a low tick compared to the previously mentioned games like csgo and rainbow six siege.

• You can't look through walls with third person. It gives advantages but YOU also have that advantage so it's fair. Play smart. Third person is a feature in Unturned.

Thats just blatantly wrong, they said that they fixed it, but it can still be used to see stuff you're not supposed to see. "Third person is a feature in unturned" Yeah.... its a broken feature.. thats why most decent server have it disabled, hence why im so upset that they've enabled it again on some of the freezzer servers.

• Hey Coopah,

I believe it was the point to have half of the servers both perspectives and the other half vehicle third but it sucks that you had your main freezzer server switched to both perspectives; I know how you feel because the same thing happened to me and now I have to switch over to a different server because I would much prefer vehicle third. I do want to mention though that the servers aren't split evenly between the two perspective types for the [ENG/US] servers. Both of the Washington maps are the same type (both perspectives) and both PEI maps are the same type (vehicle third). I hope I'm not wrong about that because I only checked this morning and that problem may have already been found and fixed by now, just thought that it was relevant to the topic. The change is good but for me and you both we'll have to move ourselves/team to another freezzer server. Keep in mind that items in your vault and all the money you have will be accessible from all freezzer servers of the same group (i.e EU, US, GER).

Godspeed,
    Osephyr

I see where you're coming from, from what i remember there is only EU russia servers with third person as of this moment, i could be wrong but im not sure. Even if i was wrong, it still sucks that half the servers have broken pvp features, especially when those servers could be where you build your base, you cant move the base, and moving all your items in the small vault we have would take forever.

• Thats just blatantly wrong, they said that they fixed it, but it can still be used to see stuff you're not supposed to see. "Third person is a feature in unturned" Yeah.... its a broken feature.. thats why most decent server have it disabled, hence why im so upset that they've enabled it again on some of the freezzer servers.

I'd like to see this "stuff you're not supposed to see". You keep insisting that you can "look through walls", I'd like to see that. It's not broken. Just get good. Everyone has third person enabled. So if you're not gonna/don't like to use it, don't complain when people use it to kill you. I don't know why you're going on and on about third person. There's nothing wrong with it.

• I've played in 3rd person before you can't see through walls without hugging it, and in Unturned when you hug a wall you clip through and you can get injured from getting hit. 3rd person has advantages in some situations, but it can decrease accuracy meaning you have a higher chance of getting killed

• I'd like to see this "stuff you're not supposed to see". You keep insisting that you can "look through walls", I'd like to see that. It's not broken. Just get good. Everyone has third person enabled. So if you're not gonna/don't like to use it, don't complain when people use it to kill you. I don't know why you're going on and on about third person. There's nothing wrong with it.

You just know this community has some golden Moderators when all this one does is respond "git gud" to a legit suggestion that we remove a broken feature, with proper reasoning, 10 points to slytherin.

• I've played in 3rd person before you can't see through walls without hugging it, and in Unturned when you hug a wall you clip through and you can get injured from getting hit. 3rd person has advantages in some situations, but it can decrease accuracy meaning you have a higher chance of getting killed

I dont mean to be an asshole.. but this guy just confirmed you can see through walls, ill agree they did something to fix it, but its not all the way there, so maybe leave it off until its no longer broken? + peakers advantage + 3rd person encourages boring & dull playstyles, where as first person isnt broken, worked fine on the servers, and encourages different playstyles(+ it allows for more customization)

• I agree with you Coopah that first person (or rather vehicle third person) is superior to third person for an array of reasons (namely that it's broken, or at the very least has a long history of being broken and without a doubt will be broken once again in the future) but many people do like the feature and it's not for us to tell them that they can't enjoy freezzer servers especially since there are doubles of each official map; the more people that regularly play on freezzer the better. The way I see it it was a good change but some people got caught in the wrong server for them; for those players it seems that their options as of right now and the foreseeable future are either change to the right freezzer server for their needs and unfortunately lose some of their progress or get bad (a play on Moderator Acid's masterfully phrased answer) and continue playing on that server. Actually I'm kind of curious what your choice will be Coopah since I've already moved over to a different server (although I did find out that they switched my old favorite back to vehicle third person so that's pretty cool).

Good luck,
    Osephyr

• You just know this community has some golden Moderators when all this one does is respond "git gud" to a legit suggestion that we remove a broken feature, with proper reasoning, 10 points to slytherin.

See? You can't show me that you can use third person to look through walls. You keep insisting that it's broken but can't prove it. I do agree that first persom requires more skill but third person also requires certain skills.

Anyway, if you really hate it that much, just switch to another server like Osephyr.