Being banned wrongly with poor evidence to support it

• Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/matthewduck/

Reason for ban: using "god mode" and "fly hacks" 

Date of ban: 2017-02-19 05:42:34 

Server you were banned on: "Freezer #2"

Staff member who banned you: B0y Wond3r | http://steamcommunity.com/id/datBoyWonder/

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm requesting to be unbanned because of the lack of evidence and evidence provided to me. The evidence provided to me was, being called a hacker in CS:GO on my steam profile page. Having an "unlock-able" APC. I was also accused of being a hacker because I had purchased a APC withing the servers store (which only costed $400, in game currency, using the command "/buy v.119 1 100") they claimed that I was using flying hacks, and god mods hacks with the only evidence being a screenshot, which in my own opinion shows either a render glitch or a glitch on the servers part (I mean no disrespect to the server). They claimed that it wasn't possible to purchase and APC or find it within the game. They also claimed that it was not possible for me to even afford the APC itself withing the time I've played on the server (using the games on economy system I was able to sell many items that I had found while playing the game, I was then able to purchase an APC). They claimed that I also used 3rd party software to use 'hacks'. I have no idea on how to use hacks within the game when I have both Battleye and VAC enabled (which is why I sent the screenshot of my Unturned because I'm unsure if I can use it as evidence that I don't use hacks). Thank you for taking the time to read this.

• See: Masky 'Matthew' cheating on Washington

I made my case there, along with several testimonials from other players. One moderator (Phoenix) approved my case, and more evidence will be coming in within the next day.

"Go big, or go home" - Jesus | "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky " - Robin Aboubakar

Your Friendly Neighborhood Community Moderator. Got an inquiry? Just axe me

76561197962781343.png         
      camo_sig2.png

• Uh, he has no signs of having a mod loader in the menu. Can't you just instruct him how to check if he actually has anything installed? Being called for cheats in a game completely separated from Unturned literally is just one bad reason to even consider banning someone. And with the APC thing, you can buy an APC off your custom economy pluggin. He bought it using the money from paychecks, selling expensive items, and killing villains.

• Uh, he has no signs of having a mod loader in the menu. Can't you just instruct him how to check if he actually has anything installed? Being called for cheats in a game completely separated from Unturned literally is just one bad reason to even consider banning someone. And with the APC thing, you can buy an APC off your custom economy pluggin. He bought it using the money from paychecks, selling expensive items, and killing villains.

You don't need mod loaders to cheat

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• I am going to take my personal opinion out of this since I already gave it in the first thread (Masky 'Matthew' cheating on Washington). So for whoever makes the final decision on this ban situation, let me present the facts. At the moment this is how the case of iMasky stands:

(The examples bellow are all presented as 'evidence' during statements made by players - whether you agree with this evidence or not - some of it is arguable as to whether it is evidence at all)

Evidence proving he is the player in question:

1- "As per Pathogen's screenshot, 5 of us were teamed, along with the other two (Soul of Love and Dolphin). Dolphin and Soul were in the process of chasing down the two solo players, and we had seen Dragon previously and that was not his uniform. The uniform matched Masky, and all other players were accounted for."

Evidence against him being the player in question:

1- "They stated that I was wearing the same clothes as the hacker which was a full desert military uniform, which is how they deduced that I was the hacker."

Main evidence supporting the ban:

[PROOF]1- Seen flying/standing/crouching/moving in the air. This was not jumping out of a vehicle and one does not simply lag up into the air. [other unlikely bugs are possible but very improbable].

Further corroborating evidence:

1- Acquires a player spawned/bought/stolen APC in the first 18 minutes of playtime. This APC could not be unlocked when dat B0y Wond3r attempted to use a 'Stealy Wheely' on it

[PROOF]2- Comment on his steam profile saying he hacks:

ZefStyle 12 Feb @ 3:38pm
    Hacks in casaul what a pleeb

[PROOF]3- Sarcastic or not, he said in chat that he hacks in Unturned and CSGO.

Defending argument:

1- None of this proves anything, "i don't even know how battle eye works"

2- "Why does my play time have to do with my ability to acquire an APC on a server?"

[PROOF]3- "I have no idea on how to use hacks within the game when I have both Battleye and VAC enabled"

4- He was on a silver building in seattle watching the group look up and shoot the flying player.

5- Comment on his steam profile saying he doesnt hack:

cristian blackstro 8 hours ago
    he doesn't hack

Whatever your opinion on this case, you can not argue that these things happened, since each of these were backed up by evidence. HOWEVER these happening does NOT NECESSARILY prove that he is hacking.

Freezzer is a fair platform for gaming, and thus your appeal will be taken seriously and dealt with carefully. Whatever decision is made with this 'evidence' presented before you will be final.

Thanks,

Dan

• At the end of the day, Masky was banned by BattleEye, so he will not be able to play Unturned on that account anymore. Even if a server ban is overturned, he will still need to make a new Steam account to play.

How can you guys defend his BattleEye ban and why was he indeed banned by it?

"Go big, or go home" - Jesus | "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky " - Robin Aboubakar

76561197962781343.png         
      camo_sig2.png

• At the end of the day, Masky was banned by BattleEye, so he will not be able to play Unturned on that account anymore. Even if a server ban is overturned, he will still need to make a new Steam account to play.

How can you guys defend his BattleEye ban and why was he indeed banned by it?

Is that how Battleye works? (I honestly have no knowledge about this) because I'm currently playing Unturned on my Account that I got "banned" on.

• It's very concerning that Freezzer Staff don't properly understand how BattlEye and current hacks work. It's even more concerning that they spread false information without checking facts.

https://steamcommunity.com/gam…detail/650037138901564489

iMasky was not banned by BattlEye as it would result in a game ban on his profile, which is irreversible.

BattlEye also prevents you from joining any server once you are banned.

On a side note, I'm in contact with multiple "hack developers" that code private hacks that bypass BattlEye undetected. There are currently no "god mode" hacks available. The only hack that can enable you to fly requires a car to do so.

• I am aware that there isn't a god mode hack, and there isn't a flying hack without a car. Many don't understand how hacks work and they call it hacks if they die. If you met a real hacker in-game you'd know. You can't just point a player out who killed you fast, and say they hack,because that would be falsely accusing a player because if that player was hacking you could tell very easily

• I think I have to make this clear:

There are two Anti-Cheat-Systems in Unturned: BattlEye and VAC.

If you get banned by BattlEye you'll not be able to play in any server that has BattlEye enabled. You can play in VAC secured servers tho if you are not banned by VAC yet. Same with VAC. If you get banned by VAC you'll not be able to play in any VAC secured servers anymore but you can play in BattlEye protected servers (VAC disabled).

You can see both bans on your Steam profile as VAC- and/or Game ban.

If you or someone else ban someone, it'll show (after a few seconds) that this player has been banned by BattlEye too. That's a mistake and I'll try to fix it.

• After discussion with the administration team and a thorough review of the evidence provided by Masky, I have concluded that this apparent "cheating" was a result of a glitch which has been identified by the server staff previously. There is no conclusive evidence that it was a deliberate and malicious attempt to gain any advantage through cheating, and the issue with the APC (not working with a stealy) must've been another bug.

76561197962781343.png         
      camo_sig2.png

• It's very concerning that Freezzer Staff don't properly understand how BattlEye and current hacks work. It's even more concerning that they spread false information without checking facts.

https://steamcommunity.com/gam…detail/650037138901564489...

Strongly agree with you. Staff members are taking action without actually knowing their facts. We will definitely improve this and establish a system where ban reports/appeals are taken into a more careful consideration.

To all those affected, sorry for the misunderstandings and inconvenience.

Thread Closed