No bleeding on Sandbox

• I personally don't play arena much, but when I do bleeding is an annoyance and gets me killed most of the time because I can't find a medkit or bandage :D

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• Are we seriously trying to remove everything that slightly annoys us in Sandbox? First the rain, then fall damage, then stamina (already changing after server restart)... and now bleeding? Not only are these essential and challenging mechanics to Unturned, they also help make Unturned unique to all other 1st/3rd person shooters out there.

Or maybe you guys are just too noob to deal with these things so you chose to vote them out :D

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. Get gud scrubs :P

• "Are we seriously trying to remove everything that slightly annoys us in Sandbox?" - Of course, why keep things that annoy us?

Rain - removes visibility, literally impossible to see when combined with night time, reduces fps, not needed at all in a sandbox server. What you gonna do with it? Collect water with rain barrels?

Fall damage - I objected to this one as it'll make things too easy, however I'll be glad if it was removed as I've died countless of times trying to land down safely with an umbrella but the lag just pulls me back up and freezes me for people to kill. Or another scenario: trying to walk down a hill but game keeps pulling me back up and when I land down, I break my legs.

Stamina - Almost every creative/sandbox server uses the /maxskills plugin, making it so people can have infinite stamina. It's just a thing, even in arena servers. Why limit stamina when you can have infinite? It's not survival, it's pvp.

Bleeding - People die a lot of times due to bleeding, especially due to shadowstalker headshots. It's literally impossible to heal up with my high ping. And a lot of players (who have low ping) can't even survive them. There's no point in that. I'd rather get a kill then let the enemy bleed out.

"Essential and challenging" yea sure, but they're just plain annoying and not needed in a PvP Sandbox server. Plus Phoenix, YOU yourself don't even play Sandbox that often, so I don't see why it'd matter for you. However, I don't really care anymore since Freezzer is literally unplayable for me.

Peace

• So because your ping sucks we have to remove a somewhat big feature on all servers just for you?

This is sandbox, it should ressemble the standard gamemode as close as possible, except for being able to spawn whatever you want, hence sandbox.

• So because your ping sucks we have to remove a somewhat big feature on all servers just for you?

This is sandbox, it should ressemble the standard gamemode as close as possible, except for being able to spawn whatever you want, hence sandbox.

It wasn't just for Acid, it was for all users from Eastern Europe/ Asia

I'm one of the admins around here, I help to manage the forums, servers and the Discord.

Got a question? You can contact me either on Steam or via Discord - Renegade#1337

I attempt to follow up on all staff applications, ban appeals and reports as soon as I can, but if you feel your post is being ignored please feel free to contact me or another member of staff and we will look into it.

v1.png

• My point stands though? Why remove a feature that you dont like because your ping sucks. Either wait for an asia server on freezzer, play on other asian servers or quit whining(:

If anyone is whining here, its you.

v1.png

• That wasnt very neutral or moderate of you, but you're also wrong. I didnt make the post whining about a key element in unturned, i simply gave my opinion in this debate.

Your comment was also off-topic, this discussion is about bleeding in sandbox, lets keep it that way

v1.png

• Your comment was also off-topic, this discussion is about bleeding in sandbox, lets keep it that way

Off topic was it ?! The debate was wether or not to have bleeding in sandbox, and the ONLY ARGUEMENT for removing it was the ping, so me talking about ping,servers & location is the furthest thing from off topic, don't start if you don't know what you're talking about.

• Off topic was it ?! The debate was wether or not to have bleeding in sandbox, and the ONLY ARGUEMENT for removing it was the ping, so me talking about ping,servers & location is the furthest thing from off topic, don't start if you don't know what you're talking about.

Ping wasn't the only argument. Let me just restate my points for the benefit of our clueless friend here, Coopah.

Rain- removes visibility, literally impossible to see when combined with night, reduces fps, not necessary in general.

Fall damage- Like I said I objected to this one as it'll make things too easy. However I'll be ok if it was removed as it definitely helps me, and the players of Asia out. Scenario: rubber band with umbrella = get killed. This was just an example for why I'm ok with it getting removed.

Stamina - It's already infinite, no point talking.

Bleeding - People die a lot of times due to bleeding (not just Asians), especially due to shadowstalker headshots. It's literally impossible to heal up with my high ping (and even people with good ping can't heal up most of the time). There's no point in that. I'd rather get a kill then let the enemy bleed out.

These are just extra annoying for me, and Asians, because of our high ping :)

I don't see how ping is the only argument? :)

• Are you actually incompetent or just ignorant? The debate was wether or not to have bleeding in sandbox, so all those fancy points you listed (rain,fall damage, stamina) is completly irrelevant. As for the actual topic (bleeding) your argument was that "people die a lot of times due to bleeding"

First of all thats like saying remove the maplestrike because 50% of deaths are done with a maple.

Second of all most people with 100%hp and reflexes that dosnt ressemble an old man with parkinson, can survive and heal up using medkit.

As you said people with high ping cant heal up which makes sense, but that is where my point comes in "why remove a key feature because your ping sucks?"

And also the shadowstalker is a high risk high reward gun, removing the high reward (bleeding, potential 1shot) is a really bad idea when talking about balance.

• Are you actually incompetent or just ignorant? The debate was wether or not to have bleeding in sandbox, so all those fancy points you listed (rain,fall damage, stamina) is completly irrelevant. As for the actual topic (bleeding) your argument was that "people die a lot of times due to bleeding"

First of all thats like saying remove the maplestrike because 50% of deaths are done with a maple.

Second of all most people with 100%hp and reflexes that dosnt ressemble an old man with parkinson, can survive and heal up using medkit.

As you said people with high ping cant heal up which makes sense, but that is where my point comes in "why remove a key feature because your ping sucks?"

And also the shadowstalker is a high risk high reward gun, removing the high reward (bleeding, potential 1shot) is a really bad idea when talking about balance.

Getting killed by a maplestrike and getting killed by bleeding are very different things

v1.png